Dock Diving Dogs


These were taken at this weekend's Flying Fur extravaganza, put on by the owner of Paw Law. Paw Law does dog training of so many types it is hard to keep track. I have my dog enrolled in one of the classes and can't wait to enroll him in more.


I've had some fun with some of these images, as you can tell.


I'm still learning about what all of this involves. It appears as though they measure how high the item the dog will be getting is, and then they have the dogs try for it. They start out low, and keep raising the bar until all but one dog is left.


It may appear as though these are all the same dog, but there were a number of yellow labs there competing. There was also a chocolate lab and a black lab, and a number of other dogs that I didn't see compete.




The dogs need to know how to swim very well, and my dog is still on the low end of the beginning of the learning curve. But I hope that next year we'll get further along, so he'll be able to compete. It is a lot of fun, and great exercise for the dogs.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2010 Scribbles & Snaps, All Rights Reserved. Design by DZignine