The Coyotes are Near

I was taking the dog out for a walk the other day, and a coyote was nanchalantly trotting across the street, as if he belonged there. I kept exclaiming to myself, "that's a coyote!" Even though it looked like some sort of a dog. It was very aware of its surroundings, chased off some geese, and ended up running across the next street for destinations unknown.

But my dog was very excited and seemed to know what it was - and wanted a confrontation. He pulled me along on the leash, and I must say, I was contemplating letting him go after the thing.

But you never know how these things will end up, and someone told me later that coyotes carry rabies and parasites, and I probably shouldn't encourage the dog to go after it.

Being that Buddy is a hunting type of dog, I've been considering pursuing hunting, just so that he can be off the leash, doing something he seems to have been bred to do.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2010 Scribbles & Snaps, All Rights Reserved. Design by DZignine