It's time to think about gardening

It's time to think about what the garden should look like. The garden centers are full of gorgeous annuals and perenniels, and the other day I filled my imagination with the possibilities. Although it's still cold here, you can see that spring gardening is on peoples' minds.
 Some times, but not every year, I get my mother a bowl of pansies to enjoy while the weather is still cool. Her mother used to remark that pansies are very 'happy' flowers, because they look like smiling faces.
Tulips in containers are wonderful to enjoy right now, whether they're planted outdoors or kept indoors. The problem with tulips, however, is that critters like to eat them. I've planted them many times, only to find that some muskrat or other creature had made a meal out of them. I've been reading up on how to foil the critters so that I can plant and enjoy the flowers for more than a few days.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2010 Scribbles & Snaps, All Rights Reserved. Design by DZignine